CALL FOR WRITING — Short memoirs with the theme of INTERSECTIONS
INTERSECTIONS is an Art Access project provided in partnership with Sage Utah. It is designed for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender adults, and their allies, to utilize the visual and literary arts as vehicles for sharing personal stories around the theme of “INTERSECTIONS.” That is: pivotal crossroads encountered throughout life; methods for navigating these paths, trails, roads and highways (or perhaps byways); and the resulting consequences of these journeys.
Submission Guidelines are as follows:
- Only writing from Utah authors will be considered;
- Only original writing will be considered;
- Previously published writing will not be considered;
- Submissions should be no more than 2,000 words;
- Each submission must include the author’s name and contact information (address, city, state, zip, email, phone #);
- Submitted writings should be short, personal memoirs that tell stories about the valuable crossroads, communities, experiences and relationships that sustain you;
- Writing should explore those significant moments of intersection in your life, where a certain choice made all the difference;
- All submissions should emailed to [email protected] with “INTERSECTIONS” in the subject line by 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 30, 2014;
- Submission receipt will be acknowledged via email;
- Authors will be notified as to whether or not their writing has been selected for performance by Friday, Oct. 31, 2014.
Selected stories will be included in a juried collection to be adapted into a comprehensive performance art piece with plans to tour the state in 2015. Selections will be made based on several considerations, including variety, impact and theatrical transfer.
Visit the Art Access website to learn more about the organization and its diverse programming.